Wednesday, February 7, 2024

February 7th..

Last night the Lutsen Lodge went up in flames. It was built in 1949 after it burnt down a few other times. This is the 5th place that has burned down up there. I see a pattern and they don't know what is causing it! hummmm?? 




The only thing left standing was the fireplace. Ugh!!! So sad to see. We would go there every summer to sit on the beach and use the bathroom inside the lodge. Two years ago the bridge was washed away and now the lodge is gone. One less place to go visit this summer. I'm sure it will all be closed down for a few years until they rebuild or sell? 




Here is a photo I took of the lodge from the beach with the fireplace. We sure take things for granted that they will always be there. One day here then next day... gone forever. Glad we got to enjoy this place for years and I hope in the future we will be able to! I won't miss that creepy polar bear display they had inside. Not sure the reason behind that, but creepy! 

The last time we were there in 2023 was July and October. 
In October we stayed until the sun went down, so I took this night photo of the lodge all lit up from the beach. 


On the shores by the lodge. Our favorite place to have a drink and sit by Lake Superior. I sure hope we can go do this again! 


My Tuesday was pretty busy. I had a busy work day followed by two new customer/client meetings. It was a long work day 9am to 3:30pm with an hour break from 12:45-1:45pm. I was pretty tired after all that because I'm used to being done working by noon/1pm at the latest. I ended up taking a Power Nap around 4:30 before dinner. Never did get around to painting the 2nd coat of primer on my closet door. I will do another coat this afternoon because I really want to finish up this project so I can move on to the trim painting and attaching/finishing up the last pieces upstairs! 

I'm hoping Steve can install the hall light and help with the trim this weekend. We only have a 50th birthday party and watching the Super Bowl Sunday. So not a whole lot going on. 

I do have to find time to groom Zoey. She is getting pretty furry. I don't think her fur is long enough to try the new clipper blades, but I'll try them out anyway and see if it does anything. They might clip too long for her fur. I just want to see how short it cuts or long it leaves the length. 

Today, I just have two easy houses and then I'll get back to painting this afternoon. It's going to be another 50 degree day, but cloudy. I need to go to Walmart to get some orange air freshener spray and some more makeup foundation. 

My diet yesterday, didn't happen. I will try again today to limit calories. I did great until dinner. Ugh! We start again today and just take it one meal at a time. It's just hard the first 3 days and then gets easier! I just can't keep putting off losing weight or I won't be happy this summer for swim season! 

Our neighbors listed their house for $659,900.  They have a little larger lot, but are not on a pond and don't have a 4 season porch. Their house might be a little bigger since they built over the garage a little.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...