Thursday, February 8, 2024

February rain... and the last day of 50 degrees!

 We had our 3 days in a row of 50 degrees with today being the last with rain. I am happy its rain and not snow because its supposed to rain all day with a break from 9 to noon, exactly when I'll be out in it going from house to house. Perfect timing for me! The rain also means, no advertising again today which is fine because Steve is busy enough right now. I still could use more jobs so I'll do more advertising next week. 


It sure doesn't feel like winter!! More like spring as Steve heard a robin yesterday. 

I kind of want to get some donuts. These are super cute! I probably shouldn't because I need to work on losing weight, which I have not been successful! Yesterday I ate a few nerd gummy candies and a peanut butter CC cookie Celina made that was sooo good! 

Yesterday after work, I did the last coat of primer on my closet door. Moving on to 3 coats of enamel and then I need to purchase a door knob! I've only been doing 1 coat of paint per day, but I really could do 2 or even 3 if I spaced out the coats of paint and let them dry at least an hour in-between. I'd like to have this project all wrapped up asap! 

The kids bathroom counter was full of Celina's makeup and face wash etc. I used some baskets we had in the spare room to clear the counter, but really didn't have anywhere to put them. Then I got the great idea to buy a cart. This way, it can be moved into her room too and won't have to sit on the floor. I found it at Marshalls for around $29 dollars. There were other carts for $49 and some for less around $20, but this one seemed like the best size. I got rid of the baskets and put all her stuff on the cart next to the sink in the bathroom. It's gold and not black, but I can spray paint it later on or we can just keep it the same color which looks fine too. It's an improvement and now I can easily clean off the sink/countertop! It's my early V-day gift to her. 

I also started buying items for Logan's V-day care box that I'll mail off this Monday. I am going to wrap up each item in red/pink tissue paper too for something he can unwrap. So far I've bought gum, PB cups, Nerd gummy's and some flaming hot Cheetos. I'll get some RX bars and beef jerky to add. Steve's mom also will add a few items. I asked Logan if he needs any thing so hopefully, he will get back and let me know. I'm also going to have to deposit some cash into his bank account. 

I also ordered some shower cleaners that takes off hard water deposits. They had a discount code so I got them both for $24 which is still a lot for cleaners, but its the only thing I've found that actually works great! Paid a few bills early to just get them done and paid. Feels good to be ahead of paying stuff this month and not have to think about due dates. 

Today, will be work from 9am to aprox. 1pm, paint at some point. I should go to the gym and workout too.  and Steve goes out this evening, so I will probably just pick up food or get something to make for dinner tonight. I do need to use my afternoon time more wisely. I tend to want to rest for hours and that's not healthy. I can give myself a little down time but then need to get up and be productive. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...