Friday, February 9, 2024

Friday... Feb 9th

 Just waiting for the weekend to start and my work day to be over. It's a busy 3 house work day! That is busy because normally it's max of 2! They are easy at least and good money makers! I should be done by 1pm with a start drive time of 9a.m. Those are perfect work hours! Well, 12:30 is the best time to be done! 

I painted again yesterday getting a coat of enamel on my closet doors backside.  1or 2 more coats and it's done. I just need to purchase a new door knob and I'll get a new locking knob for our bathroom door since I spray painted the old gold one and some of the paint is coming off. I should have a nice knob on the primary bathroom!! Can't wait till we re-do our shower and floor. Steve has the time, but we don't have the funds to cover the cost. I'd like to just save up Menards rebate money and use that to pay for all the tile cost, so we will wait on that which could take another year. Ugh!!!!! At least it's next on the project list. Well, after we purchase a new stove/oven and maybe frig now. We could probably hold off on the frig since it's just the freezer rack that is pulling out of the shelf sides. It's more of an annoyance than issues with it working. The oven keeps displaying an error message when baking and turning off. So we do need to get a new oven and we are ready for that! It's just a complicated switch because of our countertop and fitting it all in. It's just not going to be quick. Steve is going to have to do some counter removal and add some sides to make it all fit nice. No project can ever go smoothy and quick around here! 

I also did 2 bags of purging in the basement storage room. Got that cleaned out a little more. I do need to go through some decorations and bring those to Goodwill that I no longer want to put up or use. I'm going to make a trip there on Monday, so I need to gather up more. 

Got rid of the music stand only to find out Celina might have wanted to keep it. Whatever.. its gone and I gave it away. She does want to keep her twin headboard. Glad I found out about that before it was given away! It matches her bedroom furniture even though she has a full size bed and it's for a twin. It's going back in her room. I suppose once she has kids, they can use that furniture as long as its a girl. 

I'm hoping Steve wants to work on his clothes and go through that and put stuff away in the spare room. I'd like to re-paint in there and get base trim on the walls. We did find some trim in the basement that will be enough to finish our bathroom and a little for around the doors. We will need to purchase more trim. 

We have the neighbor friends 50th birthday Saturday night and Super Bowl Sunday. Nothing much planned for tonight. I picked up Chinese food last night and Steve went out with his brother and Jason, so don't need to go out tonight! Maybe we'll just get a 50th gift and call it a night! Make some mocktails and play some dominos. 

I also need to gather a few more items to mail Logan for V-day next week. I'll just pick up flowers in a pot or bulbs to grow for Steve. We still have a lot of candy around here left over from Christmas. 

Next week is a slow work week. I did pick up a new client, so I have some extra work. I'll have time to do more advertising every day and the weather looks good for doing that. It might be too windy at the end of the week, but I can do some M-Wed. I'd like to pick up a few more jobs to fill up my every other week schedule because Monday and Tuesdays are kind of light! I'll still keep every other Friday open for now. I do like having them off in the summer or to have a 3 day weekend! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...