Monday, February 5, 2024

Girls Weekend at the lake

 I survived the girls weekend at our neighbor friends lake house on Gull. It was a long weekend! I could use a weekend after the weekend! 


I slept awful the entire weekend. We left Friday at 8:30am, so EARLY!! I didn't get my own room since there was 8 of us and only 3 bedrooms. I did get first choice in the bunk room so picked the end. 


I didn't ever sleep here. I think I lasted all of an hour total. Then I found my way into the heated garage where they have another TV, Couch and drinks, puzzle room to hang out in. I ended up watching TV and doing the puzzle for hours each night. Everyone else wanted to go to sleep at 10:30pm. Far too early for a Friday or Saturday night! Plus, everyone slept in till 9am the first morning, but all got up before 8am on Sunday to go home. 

We did go to Earnies for dinner Friday night and then Saturday to the Brewery and shop at Christmas point. Other than that we played a few games and talked/drank and ate. A fun weekend of getting to know a few more women, all are very nice. I'm just not keeping up much with the Jones and will never be at that level. We aren't sending our kids to expensive, prestigious colleges, taking trips to Europe and living the lux life. No one wants to camp, or travel close to home etc. Some times its hard to believe we can live in the same neighborhood, yet have different priorities and incomes. We don't have a yacht, or a vacation home. Our boat doesn't measure up, or our lake land roughing it. We do our own home projects and do our own mowing, snow shoveling and cleaning. We won't be able to retire or if we do our retirement would be van traveling and renting out our house and eventually if we get to build a cabin rent that out too for passive income. Sometimes its hard not to compare and want more, but I'm happy with my life and what Steve and I have achieved. I love our camping adventures even if they don't seem normal to those women. I don't want to be high maintenance, and I don't need to impress anyone. 




I spent a lot of time during the night putting together this puzzle. I got pretty far on it. Makes me want to do more puzzles now. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...