Saturday, February 17, 2024

Painting anyone?

 That's what's on the agenda today.. Painting! I've been doing main level paint touch ups on the base trim and cabinets, chairs etc..Plus, doing a little cleaning along the way where needed. It's mostly dust build up on the trim, doors and corners. 

I am hoping Steve will want to help in accomplishing some of the projects and checking them off my todo list. I think he is ready to install the light in the hall closet and finish up the last piece of flooring in there too. I just need to move out some of the closet stuff, so he can get in there and work. A small thing for me to do in order to keep this project moving! 

What am I painting today? Finishing up the trim with the enamel coat of paint to go over the primer. Then I'll start the enamel on our master bathroom trim. We still are missing a one 2ft section, but maybe purchasing that will be in the todo list for today too? We do need one more piece of trim to finish up the upstairs linen closet, so we need to go to Menards! We shall see what I can get out of Steve to do for home projects this weekend. I am determined to do all and finally finish our house and get all those projects that have been on going, done for once and for all! I think Steve has the mindset that when we move or are ready to and have to do these projects, he will finally want to do them. I would like to enjoy living here with everything done! Imagine that?? 

I've been searching for lights too. We have a few hall/bedroom boob lights that are ugly and I'd like to replace. Just not sure with what? I'd also like to get a great price. I'll keep looking on FB Market place. My neighbor seem to have lots of luck with finding nice lights doing that, but I can't seem to find anything for a good price and stuff I like! I'll probably give up with the search and just purchase new. 

Another cold MN day with temps only reaching 30 today and the WIND.. up to 25 mph. It's going to feel super cold again. We do warm up after today, just need to get through another day before the snow will melt and we warm up to the 40's. The snow looks pretty, but I'm ready for brown grass again. 

I've been bombing on my diet. What diet? Yesterday, I had pizza, 2 hard seltzers and some cheesy potato chips. Not crazy amount of eating but counting calories and going over 1000 - 1500 has been the theme. Good thing I can start fresh every time I make a choice on what to eat. So back at dieting today, even though I really would like some weekend bacon, hash browns and pancakes. I'll stick to my 50 cal coffee and some popcorn for 130 cal and just wait it out till dinner tonight. We have left over pan baked chicken and roasted cauliflower. Who knew I liked roasted cauliflower seasoned up! Steve made it delicious and I dipped in some buffalo wing sauce for a kick of heat. 

Next week is Celina's 24th birthday. Golden birthday on the 24th, and year 2024! That's a lot of 24's. I've already got her gifts, which consist of gift cards to shopping and restaurants. She wants to go to Malcome in the yard for dinner and back here for Cake. I might be making a heart shaped cake for her birthday. Ganash, strawberries and dairy free butter cream. Not sure what type of cake, Strawberry? It will probably be a boxed cake mix and I'll use a heart shaped pan, then decorate with chocolate writing and icing. I'm actually looking forward to making her cake! She has been making her own the last few years, by choice! I have decorations that I'll put up and need to purchase some more too. I need Balloons too! Might make an arch for her birthday! I'd better start that soon!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...