Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Projects completed!!

 Yep, spent my entire Monday on Painting. I did more touch ups around the house/white paint trim and doors. Steve had tiny little specks of paint on the base board trim from when he painted. So that's now all cleaned up where it looked dirty, but was just paint speckles. I also cleaned up the door panes as those get dusty and look dirty. The only way to clean it up is to paint. Now they look all nice and fresh again. That's the only issue with having all white. It needs more up keep/paint touch ups yearly. I'm sure there are a few more places that could be touched up, but I'll get those when I see them. At least the light in the house was bright enough for me to actually see what I was painting. 

I also finished painting the back hall closet door. After I purged that and re-organized that closet, I noticed that I never painted the back of that door! I sure did that on quite a few doors. I think now I have all painted with the exception of the upstairs linen closet. I'd like to leave that unpainted!! 

I take that back, I still have more painting to do! I painted all the upstairs hall base trim. So now Steve has to attach it to the wall. I'd like him to cut that piece of shelf/nook trim too, so I can paint and have that done finally after 20 years. I'm thinking this weekend he could easily do this and get one more item checked off the home project list. The painting I have left is now just two window trim. Laundry room on the main level and the upstairs spare bedroom. Once that's done. I'm hoping Steve will paint the spare room and then clean up his clothes. I do think we could use a few more hangers! I keep asking if he wants to build some type of shelves for his clothes and not hang, but just fold on shelves. Would be a good option!! 

I made one more trip to Goodwill to drop off the last of the purge pile. I think we are good with purging for now. We still have a lot to get rid of, but that's for another day/year..We will do more garage purging once the weather is warm enough to be out there. 

Someone did a review on Wingstop. They look good! I'll have to try this place along with Hangry joes Chicken. 


Ever since we had Hot Pot in Chicago, I've wanted to have it again. It was so much fun. This is all you can eat for $35 per person with some BBQ?? not really sure, but the hot pot in Chicago for the 5 of us was only $100. So much cheaper and a lot of food! Might have to keep looking for a good Hot Pot location and not all you can eat. 

Today, it's back to work. It's a busy week too! Everyone bunched up on one week as next week is light again. I might be picking up one new client this week! That would help fill in next weeks work schedule! I sure hope I get the job. It's pretty much a 100% success rate for me getting jobs. I'm excited as I have the meeting with them on Thursday. So one more thing to make my work week extra busy. I need the money for bills. so I like being busy! Probably should have spent some of my day off advertising, but I wanted to complete some home projects and stay focused on that! I will have time next week for more flyers. At least I know my efforts are working and we are picking up more jobs. Just need to work on getting more for Steve. He had an estimate yesterday for just a little bit of work, which helps, but it would be nice to get a full basement or remodel to keep him busy for a few months at a time. It's slow this year, probably because people are having to pay into taxes and not get refunds this year. It might be too early for Spring just yet when things get going. It's been super busy since before Covid when everyone wanted something done. Now people want to travel, so home projects are not as plentiful. People always needs stuff done, so there are jobs, we just need to find them! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...