Thursday, February 22, 2024

Thursday. .Feeling like it should be Friday!

 It sure feels like it could be Friday. I worked till 3:30pm yesterday, but had breaks in between and also started late at 10am. I didn't start working in the afternoon till 2:20pm, so that is the reason for getting home late. At least it was a quick work and be home situation. Another busy work day, but at least I'll be done around 12:3012:45pm today. Oh, have to work again at 3pm for a new client meeting that won't take more then about 30 minutes with some drive time too. I never made it to Costco yesterday, so I need to do that and stop at the bank to pay my car loan and deposit money for Logan's apartment that's also due. I probably should deposit money into Logan's account at the same time since I'm going to the bank. It will be a busy afternoon with all that bank and Costco running along with my client meeting. 

I did a few more paint touch ups in our kitchen. Just inside the cabinets where it was looking rough from spills and scratches. Now they are all looking good. Although, I keep finding other areas that need some touch ups. I'll get to those eventually. I need to finish up those two windows and will work on doing that over the weekend, starting Friday since I have a light work day, starting at noon. I should be able to get at least 2 coats of paint on those windows of primer. 

Steve finished this weeks job early yesterday, so he has the rest of the week off. Since it was nice out yesterday, he cleaned off the AC unit and it was dirty with cotton seeds! Good thing he did that! I have a list of projects I'm hoping he completes, starting with cleaning up the office and his closet/ the spare room. He also has all the trim upstairs to attach and some to cut and finish up for our bathroom. Lets hope he wants to do some of those while I'm working today and tomorrow?? We will see what he wants to do. 

Our neighbors sold their house and had 3 offers after only a week. They put just the house on a listing with coming soon, then posted photos Monday and it's sold on Wednesday. I am not sure of the actual sale price, but they were asking 659,900. Or 660K. They don't have a fenced yard, a porch or a pond in back. They do have a maintenance free deck and newly redone outside exterior siding. They also have carpet pretty much everywhere, where we have hard wood floors. Their lot is larger since it's a corner and on a circle, so there is that too. We only paid $300K for our house 24 years ago. So more then doubled over time, but with interest payments etc.. we also will had paid that for our house. It will be paid off Dec 2026 and we can not wait for that day!! Or we don't have to wait and can sell, then build right away. I'd love to take on building right away and have a one level house, then build a cabin the next year. That's an option if Steve runs out of jobs, which doesn't seem to happen, but we have yet to book out very far this year which is a first. He wouldn't' have to get jobs for at least 2 years if we built! In the mean time, we will continue to get our house prepped to either rent out or sell. I'm pretty much done purging for now. Unless we start on the garage which we might do this weekend if the weather is going to be 60 degrees! We are getting all the inside projects done too. If we wanted to sell, we could be ready in a month. I'd want to redo our shower and we'd have some room painting to do and that's about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...