Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sunday send off... lots of planning and March snow storm

 We were lucky and didn't wake up to much snow even though they were staying 5 inches over night. It was more like a dusting. 


The roads were completely clear, just wet so easy traveling to drop off Logan this morning at the train station. 
Here we are at almost 3pm with the snow starting around 11am. .
I'd say a few inches and it's supposed to continue to 5am when it switches over to a rain/snow combo. UGH!! At least it's all going to melt pretty fast! Just will take a few days. 


We said our good bye, but Logan will only be at school for a month, then returns for a few days to attend a concert Tuesday at 11pm through Thursday morning. He will take the car and drive back to Milwaukee. This way he can drive himself home after his end of year finals. We won't have to go out and pick him up. I'll have to look into the cost of parking for the 2 weeks. Hopefully, it won't be too much extra. 

Our Texas trip is officially planned! It took a long time to do it! I use Hipcamp.com because we enjoy staying on peoples property instead of at camp grounds. Although more and more are offering multiple camping sites on their properties. It's early in the season and will be after the eclipse, so we will most likely have the places to ourselves. We are staying in Stillwater Ok at a lake for the first night. A cheap $18 dollars! It's primitive, but we don't need much since we will just car camp with the truck tent over the back and my window coverings. No need to set up a tent after driving 10 hours the first day. We stay Friday - Wed morning with friends for the eclipse in Leander Texas/north of Austin. We leave Wednesday and will stay at Mount Ida Arkansa at a gem stone place $23.70. We can look for quartz crystals. We drive to St. Paul Arkansas $34.83 after that and stay in the mountains on a river, then to the Ozark in Mo for 2 days at the river beach where we stayed last year. We kind of wanted to stay put for one day. It's the most expensive location at $40 per night, but probably the nicest and we'll have it all to ourselves for the weekend. Grand total for our camp adventure spots aprox $170.00. Since we won't be near restaurants at our locations, most likely we will stop at a store and pick up something to cook before getting to our camp spot. I'm sure we will go out to eat while in Texas at least one or two times, then eat out in the Ozark at least one night. It will be fun to cook some food too and have drinks at the campsites and explore the areas. We had a difficult time choosing where to stay on the way back. I always like to look more more interesting accommodations and just pick something I think it would be worth exploring. We really liked the Ozark location, so that's why we picked the same spot again even though we enjoy going to new places. 

I hung up the light in laundry room and put the old light cover in the hall closet. Its so fun that I can do my own lights now that Steve showed me how. I really need to do more on my own. 


I'm saving more home projects for Monday/Tuesday. I'll groom Zoey and paint the mud room. I also listed  the mirror we had in the back room for sale on FB market place. 

I listed it for $25, but might drop the price. It has a ring on the shelf. I did use some wood fix it on the spot and it does look better, but not completely covered up. 

Hopefully, I can sell this and get it out of the house. If not, I'll drop the price to $5 or free and if I need to, take it to Goodwill. Always nice to get a little bit of money. Maybe I can work to earn $170 in selling stuff around the house?? That would pay for the camping nights. That seems like a lot of items to sell, but you never know?? I'll have to look around. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Last of the season!!

 We went boating on the St. Croix river yesterday afternoon for the last time of the season. It was a nice 84*F day, kind of cloudy. The wat...