Thursday, March 28, 2024

The day is moving. s l o w!

 It's been a very slow week. I haven't worked on many projects, but I did keep myself busy on Monday with cleaning etc. I still have to paint the mud room and for some reason I just keep putting that off. At least I did groom Zoey and gave her a bath. I tried clipping her nails and failed. She just won't hold still. I'll have to get out the grooming table to keep her from running away. 

I had to for the 3rd time get the insurance guy to send me the insurance form to renew Steve's contractor license. This time the date wasn't correct! Grrr... What a pain! 

I also helped our neighbor friends a little bit with moving out of their house. They really didn't need much help and were stressing out for nothing. It was nice to go over there once last time before they move out. I keep thinking we need to have everything perfect on our house before we can even sell, but when I looked around, they had scrapes on the walls, all different wall colors, not everything updated etc. So I guess we just keep working on replacing something and don't worry about other stuff. 

I sold the 2 cubes for $10 or will tonight. I was actually trying to drop the price to $5, but it sold or will around 6pm tonight. Now to sell the mirror! I listed it for $25, but should try and drop the price to $20 or $15 to get it sold. 

I found a gas stove similar to ours on FB Market place for $200 in Eagan. The seller is not getting back to me. Grrr. I did ask if they would take $175. I probably should have just said I'll take it. It's a delayed sell since they need it till mid April, which is perfect. Our start button for the oven quit working so we need a replacement. We could get brand new for $800, but $200 sounds a lot better since we owe taxes. 

I've been busy looking for new lights too. I just want a good discounted price on them. Also looking for rugs etc. Not a rush, just always looking to see what I can find. 

We are still trying to check off the house project list. Steve isn't as enthusiastic as I am about getting some of his projects done. Mostly, I want to be able to work on the house exterior/finish power washing behind the garage, sand the deck and seal with a clear coat. Fix the grass, buy sod and add dirt/seed. Cut down some trees and remove the branches. I can paint the garage walls white once its at least 50 degrees. We also have a lot of purging to do out there!! 

Am I ready for our trip? Nope! We have to take down from the garage storage all the camping stuff. Well, not all, just the tent we are going to use, the carpets, rugs, tarps, chairs, lights, stoves and pans. I also need to test out the air mattress to make sure it still holds the air. I don't want to be surprised and have it deflate on us at night. We also forgot to bring one along on one camping trip, but managed to buy a single double air mattress which was not the same as the double queen!! I'd like to find a king air mattress!! Or have Steve switch to a cot. 1 week to go before we hit the road! 


Guess we'd better pack our rain jackets!! Right now Friday and Saturday and sunny and in the 80's, so we can at least get a pool/biking day. It's still over a week away and the weather report keeps changing daily when I look. Of course it also says rain for our camping coming home and staying in the Ozarks. We might be doing more car camping then anything else if that's the case?? OR just drive on home which would be a bummer! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Last of the season!!

 We went boating on the St. Croix river yesterday afternoon for the last time of the season. It was a nice 84*F day, kind of cloudy. The wat...