Thursday, March 28, 2024

The warm up begins!

 We are starting off the day a little chilly and then the warm up begins again back up to the 40's and 50's!! I can not wait till all this snow is melted. Even with the 27*F temp yesterday the sun helped start the melting at least on the roads and our roof as it was dripping like crazy. I'll be happy to see all the snow melt away!! It can't come soon enough! 

This was taken yesterday, so the roads were not clear. 


I only worked yesterday. I didn't even get to the gym or workout at home. I did manage to go to Costco, but forgot the main reason which was to pick up paper towels. I'll have to make another trip Friday. We will need some camping supplies, paper plates, silverware and some propane tanks. 

Today is more of the same, work in the morning and not sure what else in the afternoon?? Steve goes out with his brother every Thursday so I'm on my own for dinner. 

Dieting yesterday went okay. Ate more calories than I should have, but still around 1700 aprox for the day. 

My swim suit still hasn't arrived and I haven't gotten any notices either. I'm starting to wonder if it will ever arrive? At least I have a back up for the trip! 

I keep checking the weather for Austin on April 8th. Hoping it's clear to see the eclipse. It's supposed to be thunder storms that day and rain for the next 5 days in row. The weather keeps changing so it's too far out as of yet to really know. I probably shouldn't have looked so far out! It will be a huge bummer to not be able to see the eclipse due to cloud cover!! Not sure what we will do if it rains there! We mostly want to sit by the pool and be outdoors. Good thing they have an outdoor area that's covered so we can still sit there. 

I didn't feel like finishing up my mud room project, painting the walls/wood with enamel.  I probably should do that today? Steve is also painting at his brother's house today his 3 bathrooms. He also works tomorrow installing a garage door opener and maybe other misc items?? Next week all he has is a door install. He did pick up another job with misc items from a client of mine. It will be work for May. Plus, he had an estimate for a kitchen remodel, so we will need to get a quote out. I'll just wait till we are back from our Texas trip before I do any more advertising. Doesn't make sense to try and advertise with the snow and then leaving, so we wouldn't be home to meet with people etc. 

Celina still hasn't heard from the job she interviewed for. They said she would get an email if she didn't get the job or a call if she did. Ugh!! Well at least it's a slow let down. I sure hope the department and team she is working with has some openings asap!! Her last day would be Friday, May 31st. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last of the season!!

 We went boating on the St. Croix river yesterday afternoon for the last time of the season. It was a nice 84*F day, kind of cloudy. The wat...