Friday, April 26, 2024

Logan's time home...

 Logan started his short visit at home with friends going to a Concert. They all did shots before and we drove them to Mpls. 

They shared some photos of the concert. 


Celina and Logan before the concert. Wish they would have gotten a group photo. 
Claudette made an apple tart with a gluten free crust. Turned out pretty and tasted too good. 

Dinner with the kids helping out.

Making pasta and pea pesto. 

Today is Friday. Logan will drive back to Milwaukee I'm guessing Sunday. It's supposed to rain all weekend, but now Saturday looks like the better dry day. I might suggest he travel that day instead of leaving Sunday. 

I worked on the deck a little yesterday, scraping off the paint. 

We purchased all the stain and paint for the deck and rails. I had a rebate for $43 which paid for at least half the cost. I'm not sure when we will be able to do the stain and paint since it's supposed to rain for at least a week on and off. I have a little more sanding to do on the deck rails and a little more paint to get off on the deck. I'll be so happy once it all is done and we can move on to the next home outdoor project. which is tar the driveway. That was only $25 per bucket and we will need at least 2. I'll do it myself and will save at least $150 if not more money. We also have branches to dispose of and then some mulch. Not too much for expense which is nice, plus it will look good. I am guessing we will also put down sod in the front yard and more black dirt with some seeds too. That will be an on going summer project and I'll buy some flowers and herbs for the front door pots to use all summer. 

Celina was notified last night that she has a 2nd interview next week. I sure hope she gets this job!! Fingers crossed once again! She hasn't heard back from WF, so at least this one she got a 2nd interview. 

I have a mini vacation idea to go to Chippewa falls brewery and do kayaking / camping in that area of Wisconsin. Found a few hip camps that also look good for May. 

I put out my over the winter herbs/flower on the deck. I think the cold over night temps below frosting are over. I'll bring them in again if it does get too cold. They need the light and rain to perk up after being inside all winter. I'm just amazed that I kept them alive. All but the parsley and other weird rosemary plant. Maybe the flowers will even bloom again? 

The seeds I planted aren't doing anything, but it's only been 2 days. I have them covered under scran wrap. 
I think it takes at least 7 days before you see anything coming up. I need more egg cartons to do a few more seeds. I forgot and threw away the last egg carton. I have a ton more seeds I'd like to plant and see if they grow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...