Saturday, April 27, 2024

Saturday... Saturday

 Happy Saturday! I switched my weekend work day from Sunday to today. I just work for a hour, maybe a bit longer around 9:30/10am. I want to go to the gym this morning too. That's about all planned for today. It's supposed to rain on and off. Maybe I'll do a little deck scraping since the paint that's still stuck comes off easier when the wood is wet. I don't even want plans to go out anywhere, which is a 100% turn from what I used to like doing on the weekend. Must be age because this is the new normal, stay at home because I just don't want to go anywhere or be around a bunch of people. I also don't want to pay for over priced drinks and food that is just so/so. 

Logan decided to go back to college tomorrow. He has a 5 hour drive and it's supposed to rain most of Sunday too. I wish it was clear weather for his drive, but maybe it will be? I probably should recheck the forecast. It's nice to have him home all week. He has 9 days left of school but that's not including the weekends in-between. May 9th is his last day. I paid for his parking which was 22.50, then they added on 9.99 to the cost in the app. Wish I would have waited to pay rent because it would have only been one charge of 9.99 instead of 2. My mistake! 

No change in my seeds. I keep spraying them with water/plant food every day and recovering them up with plastic. I still haven't started any other seeds because I don't have containers (egg cartons). I'm so impatient with this whole seed germinating process. Still hasn't even been a week, but it looks like white mold is growing a little on the dirt. Maybe I'm not doing this right? 


I finally got the toll bill in the mail for our trip. $2.20 for Oklahoma. We paid $6 at the toll booth so I wasn't expecting any tolls but still cheap. I need to pay this asap so I don't forget! We are waiting on Texas. I think last time we paid around $30 or was it $50? and that was to drive to San Antonio. We got a lot of vacation for our money!! 

I'm ready for another adventure of camping. I found a Wisconsin long weekend trip to Chippewa falls. It's only 1.5 hours away where they have the brewery tour and camping along the river plus the town. I'm sure at some point this spring/summer or fall we will have a chance to go there as long as the weather is good. It would be an inexpensive trip. I found a few hip camps in the area which would be around $20 to $30 per night. Plus, the cost of beer at the brewery. We could bring the bikes/kayak and have other things to do. We would spend the same or more staying home. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...