Monday, April 29, 2024

Only a few days left of April...showers

 We have a weeks worth of rain coming! Ugh!!!! We do need the rain, but a week! I want to get my outdoor projects done and of course that's on hold till the sun comes out and stays dry for a few days. Right now Friday and Sunday look like the best non- rain days of the week. That's not going to allow the deck to dry out for staining/painting. Maybe we can get the branches and trees trimmed instead next weekend? 

Sunday we went to breakfast with Steve's parents/brother in Hastings at the new hotel/Restaurant Confluence. It was good. I opted for the burger instead of breakfast and glad I did! I could only eat half the burger which Steve finished. 


Burger for breakfast! 


Logan driving off to go back to Milwaukee to finish out his Junior year of college. 10 days left and he is back home again for the summer. It might be the last summer home, so I have to take it all in! 
Our front crab apple trees are in full bloom. 


My one and only tulip coming up. I always get at least one. I'd like them all to have flowers, but every year I forget to plant more in the fall. 


I have the day off. I worked Saturday, so now I have Monday without work. I could advertise if it wasn't raining, but that's out all week due to the weather outlook, every day rain! 

I will go to the gym and then have bed sheets to wash. The kitchen to clean and then always organizing. I wasted Sunday away by napping and sitting on my phone. We re-watched Taylor Swift Eros tour last night, so at least I put the phone down for awhile. 

Kind of a slow work week too. I might have a new client meeting and maybe adding one job on to my schedule. Steve also might be home today. Has a few outdoor projects that might have to wait with the rain. Guess we could always go to Como Zoo again and enjoy the indoor displays. Not sure what else we can do on a Monday?? Bakeries are closed, don't want to drink at a brewery or winery. Not eating out, don't need anything at the store. I do need to get tabs, but will wait till tomorrow to pick those up or order on line. We can't work on the yard or any outdoor projects in the rain. Maybe get rid of the branches if it's not raining, but they will be all wet and gross. 

I'm already planning mini trips for us to go camping this spring/summer. Just have to wait till it warms up and good weather to go! 

I do have some baking in our microwave/oven combo to try making crackers and popovers. I'll do that today since I've been putting it off for over a week. 

Zoey also could use another grooming. Maybe today? 

Celina has a 2nd interviews scheduled this week I think 30 min today and 2 hours Friday! 

That's it for this week of what is going on here. Maybe I should try meal planning? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...