Tuesday, May 14, 2024

May the 14th be with you!!

 The deck is coming along! Steve stained the top deck boards, mushroom color which is more like a light gray. Guess I was thinking a brown/ gray. It still looks 100% better with the black rails. Looks and feels like a brand new deck! Amazing what a little paint and stain does! It's been fairly cheap to do, only the cost of paint which is under $100 right now. I think the paint was around $40 and stain $45? We most likely will have to purchase one more gallon of paint. We did use Menards rebate money and I think we might have another one to use up to bring the cost of the project down. So in all we might have only paid $40 out of pocket so far! 

The deck isn't finished! We still have the stairs to paint black and more outside rails along with the posts to paint. 


This is the before of the stairs. A mess!! Can't wait till it's all done! 


We have more home projects to finish:

Tar the driveway $50

Add mulch to back yard $100

Disposal of old stove (will get money from the metal $5? )

Power wash the back of the garage ($0)

Finish painting the deck ($40 need more paint/rebate money to keep cost down)

Tree cutting and more branch removal (branch removal aprox $30 @ $15 per load)

Seed/sod/dirt yard (front and back)

Mow back yard and trim ($0)

Paint garage walls and clean out ($0, have paint)

Wash window screens ($0)/ Wash window tracks inside

It's not too bad of a list and we don't need to do it all this weekend. Just a list to check off as we go along. Most can be done when we have time thought out the summer. 

I'm also still in the process of looking for a new rug for our front room and one chair and a small low table. We don't need that right away as I'm making do without. Its just something I'm looking for a great deal on and will buy when I find the right items. 

Today, I work for an hour this morning, We will go to the gym right away. I want to finish up the deck and maybe mow the back yard. Plus, go for an e-bike ride. 

I'll save the Costco errands for Thursday. We are out of a few items, but those can wait as I have to renew my Costco membership which is $60! Bummer! Or I suppose we could switch to Sam's for awhile to extend out paying for that. 

My day 1 of dieting when great! Ate around 1000 cal and got in some deck painting exercise. I was exhausted after working and painting. 

Just going to try getting in more protein and I guess eating less salty popcorn. Plus keeping calories around 1000 per day. Better late then never on the dieting! Wish I would have just kept off the weight or started again in November! Well, I didn't do that, so here we go again. I just have to stay on a protein diet forever. Can't keep gaining and having to lose it over and over again. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Last of the season!!

 We went boating on the St. Croix river yesterday afternoon for the last time of the season. It was a nice 84*F day, kind of cloudy. The wat...