Friday, June 14, 2024

Brainerd mid week mini trip.

 The mid week mini trip to Brainerd was a nice distraction. Plus, it rained here and not up there, so a win/win as Steve couldn't work anyway as he is painting his parents house. 


The water was chilly, but since it was 85*F and humid, I got in to float around. We did a few sunset pontoon rides which was also nice. 

The frig is finally fixed and back to normal. The part was only $115 for an evaporator fan. It was an easy fix as I googled it, Utube video and Steve did the work of taking it apart. In all it was empty out the racks, unplug, undo 4 screws, remove a bracket that was in the way and take off the ice machine and back panel, to unplug the ice machine and get at the fan, which unplugged. We had to wait for the part to arrive, and then put back everything last night. Just waited till this morning to check the temp and its working!!! We saved sooo much money not having to get out a repair person or to purchase a new frig! The part was still not cheap, but not too bad either! I quickly put back some of the food from the mini frig and will go in the basement and empty out the freezer/frig and bring all back up. I'm sure some will be purged too. 

I got 2 calls while on vacation for more work. I have an estimate next week/Monday for every mo or 2 weeks and then a new one time job today. Wish Steve would have also gotten some calls, but he did get a client of mine to call and has a small light fixture to install. It's something!!! Plus, if it rains all next week, he needs some filler jobs. I can't even advertise if it's going to rain! 

I was pretty tired yesterday after work, which I got home around 2pm. I didn't want to do any advertising even though it was a nice day to do that. Today also is a nice day where I should get out and advertise. I have a 3 house day with 2 new ones, so I'll be exhausted after!! It's extra money this week since I took off one full day. Makes up for that! 

Next week's work schedule is super busy for me, as long as I don't have any schedule changes!! Guess we will see!! If it's raining, makes the week perfect for being extra busy. 

I mowed the back yard yesterday afternoon and do some power blowing off the driveway and deck. I was tired, but after awhile felt like I had enough energy to do more. I want to finish up those few outdoor home projects, paint the deck legs, tar the driveway and do the last of the garage touchups, paint the ceiling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...