Monday, June 10, 2024

The weekend!

 Steve and I had a really good weekend with just the two of us at the lake. It was nice just working on the yard/woods and getting everything trimmed up. We never did burn up any of the branches since it rained again on Friday night everything was wet again. I also didn't want to hang out in the woods watching a fire. I had enough to do trimming the grass/branches while Steve mowed. 

We also had some fun, went to see a local Sauk Centre band at Diamond point. It was only $5 each cover charge and I had 1 drink for $5. We were there from 8pm to 11pm. Long enough! It was a bit chilly that night as I could have brought up an extra sleeping bag. 

It wasn't windy, which was nice! Perfect 75+F Saturday and a bit cooler 70*F Sunday. Not warm enough to get in the water, but nice! 

Daisy's blooming up on the hill. I planted some seeds on the beach. Lavender and daisy. I'm hoping they grow!! 

Friday night sunset. 

Making steak, mushrooms and garlic bread Saturday night. 

Pelican

I didn't get any photos of the band, since I forgot my cell in the tent! Ugh!!

We left for home around 3:30. No traffic and easy clean up since we didn't bring much. 

Now to deal with the frig this week. The frig wasn't cooling last week, but the freezer was still working. I googled and U-tubed in the issue and we took apart the freezer ice machine to get to the access panel and are waiting for a fan replacement part that should arrive Tuesday. Of course, we leave Tuesday- Wed night to Brainerd, so the frig will have to wait. It was pretty easy to take apart, just had to remove racks and the ice machine with 5 screws and unplug the fan part. It was $100 replacement but cheaper than a new frig or having a repair person fix it. It's pretty easy to fix anything after watching a Tube video. At that point, can't hurt to do it ourselves as the other option is to get a new frig! It's still not fixed, but I sure hope that's the issue as we've checked other options of what it would be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

4th Vacation, Sauk, Grand Marais, Ashland WI

 We did our 2nd visit in Ashland WI and this year camped on the beach! We kayaked and floated all day.  Sunset on the beach and millions of ...