Monday, June 10, 2024

The weekend!

 Steve and I had a really good weekend with just the two of us at the lake. It was nice just working on the yard/woods and getting everything trimmed up. We never did burn up any of the branches since it rained again on Friday night everything was wet again. I also didn't want to hang out in the woods watching a fire. I had enough to do trimming the grass/branches while Steve mowed. 

We also had some fun, went to see a local Sauk Centre band at Diamond point. It was only $5 each cover charge and I had 1 drink for $5. We were there from 8pm to 11pm. Long enough! It was a bit chilly that night as I could have brought up an extra sleeping bag. 

It wasn't windy, which was nice! Perfect 75+F Saturday and a bit cooler 70*F Sunday. Not warm enough to get in the water, but nice! 

Daisy's blooming up on the hill. I planted some seeds on the beach. Lavender and daisy. I'm hoping they grow!! 

Friday night sunset. 

Making steak, mushrooms and garlic bread Saturday night. 

Pelican

I didn't get any photos of the band, since I forgot my cell in the tent! Ugh!!

We left for home around 3:30. No traffic and easy clean up since we didn't bring much. 

Now to deal with the frig this week. The frig wasn't cooling last week, but the freezer was still working. I googled and U-tubed in the issue and we took apart the freezer ice machine to get to the access panel and are waiting for a fan replacement part that should arrive Tuesday. Of course, we leave Tuesday- Wed night to Brainerd, so the frig will have to wait. It was pretty easy to take apart, just had to remove racks and the ice machine with 5 screws and unplug the fan part. It was $100 replacement but cheaper than a new frig or having a repair person fix it. It's pretty easy to fix anything after watching a Tube video. At that point, can't hurt to do it ourselves as the other option is to get a new frig! It's still not fixed, but I sure hope that's the issue as we've checked other options of what it would be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...