Thursday, June 6, 2024

Home Project, check that off!

 Since it was too windy today to do much of anything after work, I decided to paint our garage walls. They have been a yellow/old sheet rock with drips, markings all over for years. I wanted it all cleaned up and looking good. 

Here is the before

Steve had painted the walls with what ever color he was doing at a job. We had quite a few swatch paint all over the walls. Plus, it was looking dirty and water stained. 

I just did a section at a time and moving/cleaned as I went. 
Here is the after:
It feels like a brand new garage.  No idea why I didn't think of painting our garage walls sooner!! Better late than never! I still have a small section above the garbage up high and up high on the other side above the shelves. I think we should paint the ceiling too. I'm almost out of paint, so it won't be enough to do the ceiling. Maybe we have some white paint around? This is a semi white-gray color. It didn't cost anything to paint since we had a gallon on hand. We do have a light white/cream gallon of paint, but I want to get away from anything yellow! I am also going to paint the trim around the door with the paint enamel. I'll save that project for next week. 

The blank wall before I put all our stuff back. I should have purged a bit of stuff instead of just putting it all back. I did throw out a few items but not enough. At least it's more organized now. 

 
It was about 4 hours of painting and organizing total! Not too bad! 
I decided to try small braids on either side of my head to keep the little stray hairs from hanging down or needing a baby pin. It worked great! I should do that in the back too! Just not sure how that would look? 

I found an outline of MN to cut out a small cribbage board. Ugh! I wanted it larger but this is the only size that will print. I probably should start with just a rectangle and make holds. I just need a drill press to make the holes. I guess they aren't very expensive. Next on my list to purchase. 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...