Thursday, June 6, 2024

Home Project, check that off!

 Since it was too windy today to do much of anything after work, I decided to paint our garage walls. They have been a yellow/old sheet rock with drips, markings all over for years. I wanted it all cleaned up and looking good. 

Here is the before

Steve had painted the walls with what ever color he was doing at a job. We had quite a few swatch paint all over the walls. Plus, it was looking dirty and water stained. 

I just did a section at a time and moving/cleaned as I went. 
Here is the after:
It feels like a brand new garage.  No idea why I didn't think of painting our garage walls sooner!! Better late than never! I still have a small section above the garbage up high and up high on the other side above the shelves. I think we should paint the ceiling too. I'm almost out of paint, so it won't be enough to do the ceiling. Maybe we have some white paint around? This is a semi white-gray color. It didn't cost anything to paint since we had a gallon on hand. We do have a light white/cream gallon of paint, but I want to get away from anything yellow! I am also going to paint the trim around the door with the paint enamel. I'll save that project for next week. 

The blank wall before I put all our stuff back. I should have purged a bit of stuff instead of just putting it all back. I did throw out a few items but not enough. At least it's more organized now. 

 
It was about 4 hours of painting and organizing total! Not too bad! 
I decided to try small braids on either side of my head to keep the little stray hairs from hanging down or needing a baby pin. It worked great! I should do that in the back too! Just not sure how that would look? 

I found an outline of MN to cut out a small cribbage board. Ugh! I wanted it larger but this is the only size that will print. I probably should start with just a rectangle and make holds. I just need a drill press to make the holes. I guess they aren't very expensive. Next on my list to purchase. 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

4th Vacation, Sauk, Grand Marais, Ashland WI

 We did our 2nd visit in Ashland WI and this year camped on the beach! We kayaked and floated all day.  Sunset on the beach and millions of ...