Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Cooling off once again!

 We didn't get the rain during the day, but it sure came down last night! Today is a lot cooler again after a humid overcast day. We kept the AC off and the windows shut to keep in the cool air. It worked. This morning might have felt a little warm inside, but the fresh air from outside feels great! I just don't want the house to cool off too much! 

I only worked an hour. Came home, ate lunch then groomed Zoey. I figured out that if I just sit on a chair while doing under her body and legs, it doesn't hurt my back. She just doesn't like her legs done. I think it must have been a record for fast grooming! Felt quick! Of course, her fur wasn't very long either, but enough to fill a plastic gallon bag! She looks great again and short for the hot days. I know she isn't perfectly groomed, still working on that, but I'm getting better. 

After her grooming, I cleaned up our kitchen dishes and vacuumed the house. Then decided to quickly mow the front yard since I thought it was going to rain. I had enough gas to do the front but not the back yard. I'll have to get gas today and finish that up. No rain today, but more Thursday, Friday and Saturday. 

I also need to use up a car wash. You'd think why bother if it's going to rain. Well, it expires on the 30th and I'd like my car vacuumed out. I'll do the inside window washing before I go and then all will be clean for at least a day. lol.. It's a $30 value and free. Might as well do it! 

We also have a Chianti free dessert or appetizer, along with more gift cards to use up. The free stuff expires next month on the 13th so we will have to go at least once to use that.  Maybe this weekend? I need to make reservations or we need to go early! 

I was trying hard to fill up my day and ended up watching 2 episodes of Australia's alone. My binge TV for the evening. 

I've been slacking on the cross ramp running. I didn't feel like getting all sweaty but need to do that today after work. I want to run at least 2 miles and build up to 6 again. Got to lose the extra weight and bring down my BP. Ugh!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...