Monday, June 24, 2024

Just like that

We are back to Monday, just like that! 

I'm okay with that as I want to work and advertise today, plus work on some home projects. I got a little more accomplished over the weekend. Steve finished the garage walls where I couldn't reach, painting those spots above the shelves. I helped move the stuff off the shelves and put stuff back up. Looks sooo much better! We still have to fix the sagging areas on the ceiling before painting and patch one little hole. We also will need more paint, probably 2 gallons to finish the ceiling. I'm hoping we can get this done sooner than later! He just needs to finish painting his parents house and get the big tall ladder to do this home project. 

I worked on the back yard, weeding the big burm and the garden. Got all the weeds removed from the front yard too and mowed both back and front yard. We still need to fix the yard in some spots. I'll pick up more grass seed and use the rest of the dirt bags and finish up that this week. Plus, I need to get some ant killer on 2 spots in our back yard. Spray weed killer on the berm to prevent those weeds from growing back. We need a bunch of mulch in the back yard too. I'm guessing at least $150 worth of mulch to freshen it up in all the areas. 

I also want to finish up the deck legs and get that all done. We need to move on to fixing our driveway crack and then I need to tar. 

I painted the garage door at the bottom where more rust was showing through. Plus, painted the trim around the front door. I want the trim around the front door replaced with plastic trim because then we'd never have to paint it again. It peels and is looking kind of rough! So more projects but easy to finish and not a whole lot of cost to do. 

Then we have more trees to trim and get rid of the branches. Again, not too much money to dispose of, just need to do it! We were planning on doing that on Saturday, but the place was closed over the weekend. Ugh!!! Plus, they close by 5pm so we need to plan and get it done in the afternoon. Maybe this week as tree branches are piling up! 

I have a busy work week. I hope to hear back from 2 clients. It's a once a month and a new client. Fingers crossed they are on my schedule this week. I'd like the money! 

We most likely will go to the lake this weekend. It's not going to rain!!  We will mow and get all ready for when everyone is up for the 4th. I need to remember to bring a rack for the little branches/sticks that are on the beach. It's not fun stepping on those! 

I set up our orig tent under our 4 season porch and used some of the water proof spray on the tent bottom edges and seams as well as the top tarp. I'm hoping that makes it more water proof. I'd like to still be able to use that tent as it still works fine when it's not raining! Plus, I have a screen to put up on the old dark out tent so we don't have to use the zipper all the time. I need more AAA batteries to put lights in more of the camping lights for our tents. So more things to do. Plus, probably more of the spray for both of the green tents too. Doesn't hurt to make them more water proof, right!

I also want to get some more herbs for the pots I have yet to plant. I need more basil! I'll just purchase some plants and let it grow! Maybe a few flowers in there too. 

Always something to do, but its a challenge this year to get our house all fixed up outside too! I'll do more purging inside this winter. Maybe I can get Steve to purge the garage too?? Or at least organize it better on his side to find things easily. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...