Thursday, June 27, 2024

Thursday

 I spent 3-1/2 hours painting yesterday afternoon, but it's finally done 100%. The deck legs and ledger boards.  I think it looks great! Why we didn't do this years ago? Probably due to the amount of time it has taken. I sure hope it lasts at least a few seasons. I'm sure next summer I'll have touch ups, but at least I have the leftover paint to do that. 


I wish 5 years ago when we orig painted the deck, Steve would have listened to me and painted it black on the rails like I wanted. Well, better late than never. His reasoning would be that it will get hot? Okay? It's wood, not metal. It looks 100 times better than the orange brown color! I actually wanted to paint all. 

I'd like to post the before, but my photos won't all load! UGH!!

I now want to finally paint under the porch and brighten it up with white paint. I think it will just brighten up this whole area. Will that be a mistake? I sure hope not! I don't want it to peel. We will have to purchase outdoor paint before I can do this area. It's on my todo list now! I want to do our other projects before doing this painting. I was hoping to just use the can of paint we already have, but that's for indoors. 


At least I can check the deck legs off my todo list. Now on to the driveway, first we need to fix all the cracks and then I can tar. We purchased the crack filler, but don't have the tar. I think that needs to dry first and it's supposed to rain tonight and Friday. A project for next week or after the 4th of July.  I think we can fix the cracks today and that should set. 

I'm going to put down the rest of the dirt bags and add seed to the front and back yard spots. I think the ants are finally killed in the 2 areas in the back yard. Not sure if grass will grown with ant killer down, but I'll try. I mostly want to fix the front yard and get all that growing nicely. 

We also need mulch for the back yard on the rock wall and I'd like to do the entire burm with mulch and under the apple tree. More projects for after the 4th! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...