Monday, June 6, 2022

Weekend at the lake

 That was a fast weekend. Back to Monday and thinking about the weekend ahead, which most likely will be back to the lake to just enjoy. This time we must bring the kayaks, jets and tubes to float. 


We mostly were at the lake this weekend to work! Work on cutting down this tree and a few broken branches on the beach trees. This one was the big tree and dangerous to take down! It had its hairy moments! 

Steve used the chain saw and it got stuck in the tree a few times. Pinched the blade as he cut. The neighbor came over with a chain, and long flat rope to pull down the tree once it was cut and landed upright, hung up on the other trees. That worked great and it was quickly sawed up and moved off the driveway. 

The whole big tree branch took a few hours. While Steve was cutting that, I mowed under the trees on beach side. Tamed it up a bit to look more clean. 


I should have taken some photos of the yard, but of course I didn't. I did leave some long grass which we like to keep it more natural by the shore line. 

We again had perfect weather, mid 70's, no wind and just beautiful sunsets. 
Still love the night look with all the solar lights on the tree trunks. Makes the picnic table area really nice and not so scary and dark at night. 


I purchased 8 new tiki torches for the beach. The old torches were pretty much destroyed, or water logged and wouldn't light any longer or rusted shut. I was able to light them all while we had a fire at night. I'll have to put them under the boat in the fall, so they don't rust out. 

Steve and I stopped on the way home from getting pizza, drinks and dinner at a DNR hunting spot. Got a great photo of his truck. 

We stopped here due to all the purple flower, but saw the swans in the pond. 
So pretty and very quiet area off a dirt road in the country. 
French onion soup and pizza from Zorba's was the high light. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...