Wednesday, January 3, 2024

3rd day of the new year!!

 We are already in 3 days into the new year. It was a stressful afternoon on the phone with heath insurance. I must have screwed up the birth date of Logan and they canceled it! I even called back in Nov when I got the notice and they said not to worry because I had until Jan 31st and it would be renewed. Well, he didn't get a new card and had a dentist appointment yesterday that I had to cancel to get his teeth cleaned. I was on the phone for over an hour on hold. Now I have to wait 1 to 2 days before someone calls me back to insure it's fixed, then another 7 to 10 days for a card to be issued. He goes back to college on the 21st, so probably won't be able to get into the dentist now! grrrr.. I just hope someone calls me back either today or tomorrow. Hopefully, the whole birthdate thing will be fixed asap! My screw up, but really you'd think they could catch that and just send out a letter to fix or ? Something!! So yeah, my new year with insurance is not starting off great. I messed up on his plane ticket too and now he has to fix that birthdate also. Not sure why I put down 2000 instead of 2002! Ugh!! 

Just a lot of work for me the next two days in a row. No complaints on the business, but would rather have a spread out schedule then all lumped together week. I also lose one more client for a few winter months till they are back again in the spring. I have two people that do that, so I lose out on some work, but should also start advertising to fill up my schedule a little more. Guess I need to add that to my to do list with taxes/data entry. 

Yep tax time too where I go through all our last years receipts and put together a report for our accountant. I have a bad system of doing it all in January instead of throughout the year. One month and done all at once! It's just a lot of work for me in January. What else would I be doing in the winter?? I have until Feb to get it done which is always when my meeting with the accountant is, so I have a deadline. Fingers crossed we don't owe as much as last year. I think we are all still paying for the Dump tax cuts for the billionaires. Yeah us!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Octoberfest in Brainerd!

 It was a fun weekend. One more done! On to planing the next weekend.  I won the girls Stein holding contest. The time to beat on the wall w...