Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Travels are booked!

 I love being thrifty on our travels. Camping instead of sleeping at hotels saves a ton! A camp site is $35 Hipcamp or state parks, or sometimes free depending on where we go (Lutsen, North Shore/Sauk, Lake)!Where hotels, $150 on up per night! I'd rather spend money on going out to eat or doing something fun like taking a ride up the side of a mountain for $20 each, buying wine at a winery etc.. 

Our travels are booked for the rest of August. This weekend we are staying at the lake for free! Cutting down more trees. I plan to go alone Thursday and Steve maybe the kids will join us for the weekend. Bringing Zoey our dog with too so she can have some lake fun too. Plus, keep me company while I'm there alone for the night or 24 hours. 

I made some fun reservations on camping areas. Hipcamping near the Dells/campground/hipcamp and then north of Millwalkee at a beautiful state park beach. Then on to Door county, hip camping again for 3 nights. I love the non-camping spots where its just us. Not other campers all around you. That is not camping. I don't mind making exceptions for the beach, but those are pretty private campsites and we are staying there on a non-weekend day. We might just have the place mostly to ourselves! 


I have to laugh at the tent we 
This tent we used to camp in is SMALL! Way before there was even pop up tents. Camping has come along way in 8 years! Much easier and our tents are three times larger! 
I pretty much buy anything to make camping more of Glamping for us. I want all the comforts with the outdoor experience of staying in the woods. I just love it. Far more exciting than staying at a hotel. I'm always creeped out with thinking of all the people that have slept in the hotel beds. It just feels groose! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...